Hi John, reference your nice comments on the blog, I must apologise for lack of blog writing, I probably write more frequently now with friends on Facebook, slightly less controversially but with some depth to our questions to one another. I am in fact now living in France and have been deep in trying to resettle and improve my French to the level I had got with Portuguese, without now losing English or Portuguese. I am pleased that I can at least move some thoughts along with different points of view, that was my intention, I found that I had to write some simple things for different countries to log on and read but hope that once there they would look at other postings and gain a little from them. I am no scholar but enjoy conversation and discussion about worldly things... so many now seem focused on the Islamic theme, although I think much of this is getting over rated and losing the real problems with each Hi John, I must apologise for lack of blog writing, I probably write more frequently now with friends on Facebook, slightly less controversially but with some depth to our questions to one another. I am in fact now living in France and have been deep in trying to resettle and improve my French to the level I had got with Portuguese, without now losing English or Portuguese. I am pleased that I can at least move some thoughts along with different points of view, that was my intention, I found that I had to write some simple things for different countries to log on and read but hope that once there they would look at other postings and gain a little from them. I am no scholar but enjoy conversation and discussion about worldly things... so many now seem focused on the Islamic theme, although I think much of this is getting over rated and losing the real problems with each of the countries involved countries involved, when countries have been so repressed and then get a hint of expansion and literary freedom, they should question what has gone before and where they are heading now, even America and Europe must be feeling something of this but with the security of many years of some peace since the second world war I should think they would not wish to rock any boat at the moment.
Brazil is in need of a real shake up, a lack of diverse political thinking as left it with out any true direction, it exists and dees not truly know why. politicians have never thought about the population or what their country means to the world outside its borders, but now it is about to embark on a journey of soul searching and financial waves, it has dipped its toes into the cold waters and now wonders what is expected of it. The long and short is they should have at least thought about the infrastructure before starting want international competitions in Brazil, now facing the world cup and the Olympics, both of which may prove to be an embarrassment in many ways, unless they get very very lucky, it is apparent to all outside that there is no good roads, no trains, no public city transport of any real quality ( Salvador is the pits for this) the docks are not sufficient for goods let alone tourism on the scale that Brazil should be attracting, and a nation that does not see value in its own natural wealth. As I have commented before, the Portuguese in many ways started this pattern and it as never changed, a lack of inventive thinking for one, a real failure to educate the very young and a depressing desire to get rich and famous at all expense.....my fingers are crossed for next years cup matches, I guess the tourists should invest in hammocks and solar powered chargers for the tablets and phones...I will stop at this point so I am not writing another book....take care
terça-feira, 25 de junho de 2013
o que é uma pena, pois Dilma esqueceu suas raízes políticas a agora vive acima da linha de pão e sobre o desejo de resolver problemas para aqueles na linha de pão. Por que seria necessário realizar um referendo para o que é seu compromisso político para conseguir, ela tem o poder de fazer o que ela prometeu para pedir um debate não é a verdadeira questão agora, as marchas são por causa da falta de vontade de completar o que foi prometido e não o que é teoricamente necessário ou desejado. Há unidade clara no país sobre os problemas e o desejo de mudança também é clara, apenas exige honestidade e uma abordagem humilde dos políticos que foram eleitos com fé para uma vida melhor no futuro. Pegue uma regime, Dilma, emagrecer e ganhar o seu salário como o guia para brasileiros vida melhor.
sábado, 22 de junho de 2013
I was asked to pass this email on so here it is bt a larger audience I hope Subject: Fwd: MSG Update ....Wow...Mind boggling!
If you are not cynical about nearly all large corporations and the ethics of nearly all of those in power (particularly politics), you are very young, or not involved, or not paying attention.------------ In recent past pharmaceutical companies have been fined some 11 BILLION dollars in fines-- hmmm??---
- I thought I knew the horrors of MSG ... But here's the latest scoop
- This could explain the reason why you can't go without a Tim Horton's coffee, you can't stop eating those snacks or you can't lose that weight! It's definitely given me something to think about and maybe throw out a few things!!!
- Here's an interesting article that warrants a read. We will be extra vigilant in checking labels from now on.
- The content of this article has links to substantiate its claims - Scary stuff!
- MSG (a slow poison)
- Very interesting
- The food additive MSG (Mono-Sodium Glutamate) is a slow poison. MSG hides behind 25 or more names, such as "Natural Flavoring." MSG is even in your favorite coffee from Tim Horton's and Starbucks coffee shops!
- I wondered if there could be an actual chemical causing the massive obesity epidemic, and so did a friend of mine, John Erb. He was a research assistant at the University of Waterloo in Ontario , Canada , and spent years working for the government. He made an amazing discovery while going through scientific journals for a book he was writing called The Slow Poisoning of America ..
- In hundreds of studies around the world, scientists were creating obese mice and rats to use in diet or diabetes test studies. No strain of rat or mice is naturally obese, so scientists have to create them. They make these creatures morbidly obese by injecting them with MSG when they are first born.
- The MSG triples the amount of insulin the pancreas creates, causing rats (and perhaps humans) to become obese. They even have a name for the fat rodents they create: "MSG-Treated Rats."
- When I heard this, I was shocked. I went into my kitchen and checked the cupboards and the refrigerator. MSG was in everything -- the Campbell's soups, the Hostess Doritos, the Lays flavored potato chips, Top Ramen, Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper, Heinz canned gravy, Swanson frozen prepared meals, and Kraft salad dressings, especially the "healthy low-fat" ones.
- The items that didn't have MSG marked on the product label had something called "Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein," which is just another name for Monosodium Glutamate.
- It was shocking to see just how many of the foods we feed our children everyday are filled with this stuff. MSG is hidden under many different names in order to fool those who read the ingredient list, so that they don't catch on. (Other names for MSG are "Accent, "Aginomoto," "Natural Meat Tenderizer," hydrolyzed protein etc.)
- But it didn't stop there.
- When our family went out to eat, we started asking at the restaurants what menu items contained MSG. Many employees, even the managers, swore they didn't use MSG. But when we ask for the ingredient list, which they grudgingly provided, sure enough, MSG and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein were everywhere.
- Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, every restaurant - even the sit-down eateries like TGIF, Chili's, Applebee's, and Denny's - use MSG in abundance. Kentucky Fried Chicken seemed to be the WORST offender: MSG was in every chicken dish, salad dressing. And gravy. No wonder I loved to eat that coating on the skin - their secret spice was MSG!
- So why is MSG in so many of the foods we eat? As a preservative, or a vitamin?
- Not according to my friend John Erb. In his book The Slow Poisoning of America, he said that MSG is added to food for the addictive effect it has on the human body.
- Even the propaganda website sponsored by the food manufacturers lobby group supporting MSG explains that the reason they add it to food is to make people eat more.
- A study of the elderly showed that older people eat more of the foods that it is added to. The Glutamate Association lobbying group says eating more is a benefit to the elderly, but what does it do to the rest of us?
- "Betcha can't eat [just] one," takes on a whole new meaning where MSG is concerned! And we wonder why the nation is overweight!
- MSG manufacturers themselves admit that it addicts people to their products. It makes people choose their product over others, and makes people eat more of it than they would if MSG wasn't added.
- Not only is MSG scientifically proven to cause obesity, it is an addictive substance. Since its introduction into the American food supply fifty years ago, MSG has been added in larger and larger doses to the pre-packaged meals, soups, snacks, and fast foods we are tempted to eat everyday.
- The FDA has set no limits on how much of it can be added to food. They claim it's safe to eat in any amount. But how can they claim it's safe when there are hundreds of scientific studies with titles like these:
- "The monosodium glutamate (MSG) obese rat as a model for the study of exercise in obesity." Gobatto CA, Mello MA, Souza CT , Ribeiro IA. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol. 2002.
- "Adrenalectomy abolishes the food-induced hypothalamic serotonin release in both normal and monosodium glutamate-obese rats." Guimaraes RB, Telles MM, Coelho VB, Mori C, Nascimento CM, Ribeiro. Brain Res Bull. 2002 Aug.
- 'Obesity induced by neonatal monosodium glutamate treatment in spontaneously hypertensive rats: An animal model of multiple risk factors." Iwase M, Yamamoto M, Iino K, Ichikawa K, Shinohara N, Yoshinari Fujishima.
- AHypertens Res. 1998 Mar.
- "Hypothalamic lesion induced by injection of monosodium glutamate in suckling period and subsequent development of obesity." Tanaka K, Shimada M, Nakao K Kusunoki. Exp Neurol. 1978 Oct.
- No, the date of that last study was not a typo; it was published in 1978. Both the "medical research community" and "food manufacturers" have known about the side effects of MSG for decades.
- Many more of the studies mentioned in John Erb's book link MSG to diabetes, migraines and headaches, autism, ADHD, and even Alzheimer's.
- So what can we do to stop the food manufactures from dumping this fattening and addictive MSG into our food supply and causing the obesity epidemic we now see?
- Several months ago, John Erb took his book and his concerns to one of the highest government health officials in Canada . While he was sitting in the government office, the official told him, "Sure, I know how bad MSG is.
- I wouldn't touch the stuff.." But this top-level government official refuses to tell the public what he knows.
- The big media doesn't want to tell the public either, fearing issues with their advertisers. It seems that the fallout on the fast food industry may hurt their profit margin. The food producers and restaurants have been addicting us to their products for years, and now we are paying the price for it. Our children should not be cursed with obesity caused by an addictive food additive.
- But what can I do about it? I'm just one voice! What can I do to stop the poisoning of our children, while our governments are insuring financial protection for the industry that is poisoning us?
- This message is going out to everyone I know in an attempt to tell you the truth that the corporate-owned politicians and media won't tell you.
- The best way you can help to save yourself and your children from this drug-induced epidemic is to forward this article to everyone. With any luck, it will circle the globe before politicians can pass the legislation protecting those who are poisoning us.
- The food industry learned a lot from the tobacco industry. Imagine if big tobacco had a bill like this in place before someone blew the whistle on nicotine?
- If you are one of the few who can still believe that MSG is good for us and you don't believe what John Erb has to say, see for yourself. Go to the National Library of Medicine at www.pubmed.com . Type in the words "MSG Obese" and read a few of the 115 medical studies that appear.
- We the public do not want to be rats in one giant experiment, and we do not approve of food that makes us into a nation of obese, lethargic, addicted sheep, feeding the food industry's bottom line while waiting for the heart transplant, the diabetic induced amputation, blindness, or other obesity induced, life-threatening disorders.
- With your help we can put an end to this poison. Do your part in sending this message out by word of mouth, e-mail, or by distribution of this printout to your friends all over the world and stop this "Slow Poisoning of Mankind" by the packaged food industry.
- Blowing the whistle on MSG is our responsibility, so get the word out.
------------------If you believe this, pass it on. As Socrates said: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Well maybe not Socy baby, but if you don't pass this on YOU and the rest of us are "up S-creek without a paddle."
And non-involvement explains why the bad guys win.